Photo Enhancing

Okay, as I already said in my little introduction, I am an absolute novice at photography.  Well, that's not exactly true, I have played at photography once or twice in my life.  I've never really done much except expose some film and develop it in black and white.  That was a long, long time ago, 1976 to be exact.  In my dotage, (I'm 62 years old, today), I have kind of reignited my desire to take "good" pictures of wildlife,  Birds are my main interest.  My first actual adventure was what I posted recently about Turtles.  They are not nearly as fast as birds, so I managed to be able to shoot them.

Taking the shot isn't the end of the photograph, though.  There has to be a bit of post editing.  So I wanted to post on that, today.  I have been using Corel Photopaint for many years to make flyers and do other graphic arts types of things.  I haven't actually edited photos before, though.  I find Corel Photo Paint to be a little cumbersome for me.  It's a very powerful photo editor, but I don't really understand a lot of it.  It's not the program's fault, it's my lack of experience and never really taking the time to work with this aspect of it.  So I also use Lightbox.  I find it to be very intuitive and easy to use.  So, I want to post some exposures and what I was able to do with them as I learn what I'm doing, especially what I'm doing wrong.

If you're good at this stuff, please feel free to critique the work.  I really want to learn to take and enhance good wildlife shots.  I can take criticism, really!

Here are some before and after shots!

Before:

After:


Before

After:

Comments

Popular Posts